The 1-day Gottman Seven Principles Program draws on over 40 years of evidence-based research by Dr. John Gottman who revolutionized the study of couple relationships using rigorous scientific methods to observe the behaviors of couples over many years. It is based on the New York Times best seller, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, which summaries the research to lead couples towards a harmonious and long-lasting relationship. It is the definitive guide for anyone who wants to deepen their relationship to attain its highest potential.
This Gottman Seven Principles Program aims to provide couples with practical tools and skills to enhance their relationship in a psycho-educational context. It is appropriate for couples who are in a committed relationship, preparing for marriage, cohabiting, or married. It is not a substitute for counseling or professional therapy. This program is not for those who are experiencing severe relationship distress, emotional abuse, domestic violence, active addictions, or serious mental health problems.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Program:
- Will we have to share our personal problems and issues with the other participants?
Answer: No. Exercises are done privately between the couple. Sharing publicly is not required.
- Must both partners attend or can I come alone?
Answer: Yes. Both partners must be present to do the exercises together.
- My partner is not a reader. Can we still participate if they do not want to read the book?
Answer: Yes. While the book provides a valuable reference, the class facilitator will summarize the content of the book to enable couples to understand the principles quickly and to do the exercises together as a couple.
- What can we expect to learn from the program?
Answer: The couple will learn the principles and tools to strengthen their relationship in a variety of ways, including deepening their love maps, fostering fondness and admiration, turning towards each other, accepting each other's influence, solving problems, overcoming gridlock and creating shared meaning.
About the Instructor: Dr. Coral Slavin is a Gottman Seven Principles Educator. She has a M.A. & Ph.D. in Health Education, and a M.S. Ed. degree in Family Life. She has over 25 years of teaching experience.
- The program is conducted remotely via Zoom.
- Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- $300 per couple
- Includes: the Gottman kit comprising of the Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work; 2 Guidebooks for couple; Love Maps Questions and Open-Ended Questions for Conversations.
- Sorry, no dates are available at this time.