Well-Rounded Childbirth Classes
Whether you are looking for a natural drug-free birth, or want to explore your options regarding pain medication during labor, we are committed to ensuring that parents are well prepared for labor, delivery, and the postpartum period. Instead of teaching a birthing ‘method,’ we give you and your partner the information and skills to best accomplish the kind of birth experience you desire.
The workshop is taught by Dr. Coral Slavin: doula, childbirth educator and former owner/director of Well-Rounded Maternity Center. Coral has been a doula for 20 years and has attended over 500 births in the Milwaukee area in hospitals, home and birth center. She has been teaching these classess for a number of years both at Well-Rounded and Southwest Technical College in Fennimore.
The Comprehensive 8-week Class Series covers a variety of topics including:
- Sound nutrition and physical exercise to enhance low-risk pregnancies and labors
- Physical and emotional aspects during the various stages of labor
- Pain management without drugs
- Birth interventions, alternatives & plans
- Relaxation, breathing & comfort techniques
- Avoiding or dealing with labor complications
- Postpartum and baby care
- Coping if things don’t go the way you anticipated
Following the births of all the babies, each class gets together for a reunion to meet the babies and share birth stories.
The classes are held 6:30-9:00 p.m., Wednesdays at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church or Thursdays at Mindful Matters Wellness in Milwaukee.
Upcoming 8-week Comprehensive Sessions:
- Thursdays, beginning March 5, 2020
- Wednesdays, beginning April 8, 2020
- Thursdays, beginning May 7, 2020
- Wednesdays, beginning June 3, 2020
- Thursdays, beginning July 9, 2020
- Wednesdays, beginning Aug. 5, 2020
- Thursdays, beginning Sept. 3, 2020
- Wednesdays, beginning Oct. 7, 2020
- Thursdays, beginning Nov. 5, 2020
The Condensed 4-week Class Series:
- Covers the same topics in an abbreviated fashion
- For couples who are not able to attend the more extensive series
Please Note: There is no reunion following this series.
The classes are held 6:30-9:00 p.m., Tuesdays at Absolute Chiropractic & Wellness in Kenosha.
Upcoming 4-week Condensed Sessions:
- Tuesdays, beginning March 3, 2020
- Tuesdays, beginning April 7, 2020
- Tuesdays, beginning May 5, 2020
- Tuesdays, beginning June 2, 2020
- Tuesdays, beginning July 7, 2020
- Tuesdays, beginning Aug. 4, 2020
- Tuesdays, beginning Sept. 1, 2020
- Tuesdays, beginning Oct. 6, 2020
- Tuesdays, beginning Nov. 3, 2020
- Tuesdays, beginning Dec. 1, 2020
Refresher Childbirth Class
For couples who had taken Childbirth Classes for their first pregnancy, this 3-hour class is an ideal way to review the stages of labor, comfort and relaxation techniques. With a first pregnancy, most couples have the flexibility to spend ample time in preparing for the birth. Once there is a toddler in the picture, however, busy couples may find that the refresher class is the first chance that they have had to focus on this pregnancy and birth!
Refresher Childbirth Classes are scheduled upon request.
For information or to register for upcoming classes, contact Coral at Coral@well-roundedmaternity.com or call 262-262-8945 or signup online, click the appropriate links above.